THE MANUSCRIPT GENERAL GUIDELINES OF JURNAL ILMU PERILAKU (JIP)
JURNAL ILMU PERILAKU [JIP] is a scientific journal published by Program Studi Psikologi Universitas Andalas. JIP provides platform for researcher, academician, professional, practitioner and students to contribute and share their knowledge in a form of empirical study or case study. The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows: pada public relation manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6 Ed (Tahun 2010).
A. General Guidance
- Writing provision of JIP’s article refers to the format applied to Public Relation Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 6th Edition (Year 2010)
- JIP published two times in a year, June and December edition
- Published paper in JIP is a report study, either using qualitative or quantitative method which is done by individual or group of researcher
- Thesis or dissertation manuscript must attach supervisor’s recommendation stated that the manuscript is decent enough to be submitted
- Submitted manuscript is an original and has not been published or in consideration to be published in another journals.
- Manuscript can be written in Indonesian or English by using correct and proper grammar rules. Manuscript written in Indonesian should be written in a formal Indonesian, as well as for odd-words which must be translated into Indonesian
- Redaction have the rights to revise received article. Suitability of paper will be reviewed by anonymous reviewer and will be given recommendations either the paper accepted, rejected or accepted by revision
- The author must revise the manuscript according to revision given by reviewer (if any). After being revised by the author, should the author submit the revised manuscript within specific deadline by Editorial Board. Editorial Board may conform the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that it deems appropriate without changing th e substance of article
- Approved abstract will be reviewed by professional translator
- Approved abstract which published in JIP will be given 2 (two) copies of manuscript
- Manuscript must be submitted through redaction of Jurnal Ilmu Perilaku (JIP) to Study Program of Psychology Andalas University Jl. Limau Manis Pauh Padang Sumatera Barat 25163, or online submission through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Content Structure and Articel Systematics
Contents and systematics of written manuscripts are described narratively using the essay format in paragraph form without subtitle numbering and should contain these following components:
1. Title of the Article
The title should be straightforward and concise describing article’s contents, might also be acreative or impressive article to attract the readers. The title should be written in both Indonesian and English. The Indonesian article should state Indonesian title at firt then followed by English title. Maximum limitation of words for Indonesian paper is 14 words, meanwhile the English paper is 10 words.sebaiknya ringkas dan lugas menggambarkan isi tulisan. Boleh menggunakan judul yang kreatif dan menarik minat pembaca.
2. Author’s Name
Author’s full name should be stated without any degrees, stated the institution and correspondence phone or email. The author’s name arrangement should be written based on specific writing contribution which coded by superscript font (e.g Novrizal1).
Abstract is written in both Indonesian and English with 1.0 line spacing and maximum of 200 words summarizing content of the paper, including hypothesis, research subject, methodology and result.
Keywords is specific words included in the research taken from research variable, characteristic of research subject and referred theory (Please provide three keywords written in alphabetical order). The keywords is arranged based on prominent word to the supporting word. Should the author use “keywords” for English abstract, and “Kata Kunci” for Indonesian abstract.
Introduction should contains of general background, aims of the research and advantage of the research, and hypothesis.
Methods contains of variable identification, research subject, research instrument, research methodology and analysis techinque being used in the research.
Result of the research consists of descriptive statistics, assumption and hypothesis test which critically analyzed afterwards.
Discussion explains result of research in accordance with prior study, critically analyzed with currently relevant literature. The discussion should be ended with conclusion and recommendation.
Conclusion contains the answer of research purpose, not summarizing all the research. This section should be written in a concise, solid and clear statement based on the result of study with not more than 5% of all the paper’s length.
References should be written alphabetically and chronologically. Every resources cited in manuscrip must be stated in the references section; In contrast, references must be stated in the manuscript. References is not bibliography, so that should state every resources in manuscript. Below are the examples of writing reference by folowing resources:
(a) Journal without Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Chekov, A.N, & Gergen, E.A. (2008). The dinamic of self presentation. Journal Social and Personality Psychology, 7(2), 8392.
Atikah, A., Puspawati, F., & Sativa, D. (2006). Konstrual diri di kalangan mahasiswa. Jurnal Psikologi Andalas, 8(2), 89-99.
(b) Journal with Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
HonsKohler, K.L., & Satre, J.A. (2005). The symbolic self in evolutionary context. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 24(1), 225229. http://dx.doi.org/20.3128/12675022.13.1.114
(c) Magazine Manuscript
Dedi, J., Nova, A., Susanti, E., & S, M. (2008, May). Enhancing worker wellbeing: Occupational health psychologists convene to share their research on work, stress, and health. Monitor on Psychology, 39(5). 2629.
(d) Online Magazine Manuscript
Clay, R. (2008, June). Science vs. ideology: Psychologists fight back about the misuse of research. Monitor on Psychology, 39(6). Diunduh dari : http://www.apa.org/monitor/tanggal 10 Agustus 2012.
(e) Anonymous Newspaper Article (No Author)
Six sites meet for comprehensive antigang initiative conference. (2006,November/December). OJJDP News@ aGlance. Diunduh dari: http://www.ncjrs.gov/htmllojjdp/news_acglance/216684/topstory.htmI tanggal 10 Agustus 2012
(f) Unpublished Thesis or Dissertation
Badriah, A.S. (2010). Dinamika pengungkapan identitas diri di dunia maya. (Disertasi tidak dipublikasikan). Fakultas Psikologi Universitas Andalas, Padang.
Salim, S. (2012). Psikologi Pendidikan (ed.2). Padang: Pustaka Cendekia.
Myers, D.G. (2012). Exploring social psychology,6th edition. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- With Author’s Name
Schwartz, J. (1993, September 30). Obesirty affects economic, social status. The Washington Post, pp. A1, A4.
Supriatna, Y. (2007, 20 Maret). Gaya Hidup “Sakit”. Kompas, hlm. 27.
- Without Author’s Name
Memberdayakan Polres Bandara. (2007, 20 Maret). Kompas, hlm. 27.
(i) Translated Book
Erikson, E.H. (1989). Identitas dan siklus hidup manusia. Alih bahasa : Agus Cremers. Jakarta: PT Gramedia.
(j) Book (With Editor)
Mikarsa, L.H. (2007) Indonesia. Dalam J.J.Arnett (Ed). International encyclopedia of adolescence (pp. 459-468). New York: Taylor and Francis Group, LLC.
McConnell, A.R., & Strain, L.M. (2007). Content and structure of the self-concept. In C. Sedidikes & S. Spencer (Eds.) The self in Social Psychology (pp 51-73). New York: Psychology Press.
Afrizal, A. S., & Abdullah, R.A. (1993). Berfikir dan menalar. Dalam D.Kasim & A.F. Sofyan (Eds.), Pendekatan kognitif dalam belajar (hlm. 215235). Padang: Unand Press.
(k) Unpublished Manuscript
Baron, E., & Myers, P.J. (2003). Content and structure of the self-concept. Naskah tidak dipublikasikan, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Vancouver, Canada.
Nanda, A., & Nelia, A. (2003). Faktorfaktor yang memengaruhi pengambilan keputusna berbelanja di pasar tradisional.Naskah tidak dipublikasikan, Program Studi Psikologi, Universitas Andalas, Padang.
(l) Article from Internet
Rinholm, J. (2001). Classroom behaviour strategies: Helping children stay on task. Diakses 28 Maret 2001 dari http://members.home.net/jrinholm/Tidbits/offtask.htm
(m) Book Written by an Organization/Institution
American Psychiatric Association. (1994). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
C. Writing the Article
1. Authors need to comply with these guidance in preparing their manuscripts:
Top and bottom margins: 2 cm
Left and right margins: 2 cm
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12
Spacing; Double spacing/2
Pages: minimum of 15, and maximum of 26 pages (including abstracts and references)
Paper size: A4
2. Avoid using bullets, numbered lists, or alphabetical lists in articles. Instead write them up like this: 1) ..., 2) ... etc.
D. Manuscript Submission Procedure
Authors are welcome to submit their articles, either using the OJS submission process or emailing us at: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org