THE MANUSCRIPT GENERAL GUIDELINES OF JURNAL ILMU PERILAKU (JIP)
JURNAL ILMU PERILAKU [JIP] is a scientific journal published by Program Studi Psikologi Universitas Andalas. JIP provides platform for researcher, academician, professional, practitioner and students to contribute and share their knowledge in a form of empirical study or case study. The manuscript text general guidelines are as follows: public relation manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 7 edition.
A. General Guidance
- Writing provision of JIP’s article refers to the format applied to Public Relation Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) 7th Edition.
- JIP published two times in a year, July and December edition
- Published paper in JIP is a report study, either using qualitative or quantitative method which is done by individual or group of researcher
- Thesis or dissertation manuscript must attach supervisor’s recommendation stated that the manuscript is decent enough to be submitted
- Submitted manuscript is an original and has not been published or in consideration to be published in another journals.
- Manuscript can be written in Indonesian or English by using correct and proper grammar rules. Manuscript written in Indonesian should be written in a formal Indonesian, as well as for odd-words which must be translated into Indonesian
- Redaction have the rights to revise received article. Suitability of paper will be reviewed by anonymous reviewer and will be given recommendations either the paper accepted, rejected or accepted by revision
- The author must revise the manuscript according to revision given by reviewer (if any). After being revised by the author, should the author submit the revised manuscript within specific deadline by Editorial Board. Editorial Board may conform the article to a style of punctuation, spelling, capitalization, referencing and usage that it deems appropriate without changing th e substance of article
- Approved abstract will be reviewed by professional translator
- Manuscript must be submitted through redaction of Jurnal Ilmu Perilaku (JIP) to Study Program of Psychology Andalas University Jl. Perintis Kemerdekaan No. 94, Jati, Kec. Padang Tim, Kota Padang, Sumatera Barat 25125, or online submission through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
B. Content Structure and Articel Systematics
Contents and systematics of written manuscripts are described narratively using the essay format in paragraph form without subtitle numbering and should contain these following components:
1. Title of the Article
The title should be straightforward and concise describing the article’s contents, might also be creative or impressive article to attract the readers. The title should be written in Indonesian for Indonesian article and in English for English article. The maximum limitation of words for Indonesian paper is 14 words, meanwhile, the English paper is 14 words.
2. Author’s Name
Author’s full name should be stated without any degrees, stated the institution and correspondence phone or email. The author’s name arrangement should be written based on specific writing contribution which coded by superscript font (e.g Novrizal1).
The abstract is written in both Indonesian and English with 1.0 line spacing and a maximum of 200 words summarizing the content of the paper, including hypothesis, research subject, methodology, and result.
Keywords are specific words included in the research taken from the research variable, characteristic of research subject and referred theory (Please provide three keywords written in alphabetical order). The keywords are arranged based on the prominent word to the supporting word. Should the author use “keywords” for English abstract, and “Kata Kunci” for Indonesian abstract.
The introduction should contain general background, state of the art, research gap, aims of the research and advantage of the research, and hypothesis.
Methods contain variable identification, research subject, research instrument, research methodology and analysis technique being used in the research.
The result of the research consists of descriptive statistics, assumption and hypothesis test which critically analyzed afterward.
The discussion explains the result of research in accordance with the prior study, critically analyzed with currently relevant literature. The discussion should be ended with a conclusion and recommendation.
Conclusion contains the answer of research purpose, not summarizing all the research. This section should be written in a concise, solid and clear statement based on the result of study with not more than 5% of all the paper’s length.
References should be written alphabetically,chronologically and using madeley. Every resource cited in manuscripts must be stated in the references section; In contrast, references must be stated in the manuscript. References are not a bibliography, so that should state every resource in the manuscript. Below are the examples of writing reference by following resources:
- Journal article with Digital Object Identifier (doi)
Bakerian, D.A (2017). In search of the typical Eyewitness. American Psychologist, 48(2), 574-576. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.771073
- Journal article without Digital Object Identifier (doi)
Bakerian, D.A (2017). In search of the typical Eyewitness. American Psychologist, 48(2), 574-576.
- Journals article more than 20 authors
Kneip, R. C., Delamater, A. M., Ismond, T., Milford, C., Salvia, L., & Schwarz, D., Borman, W., Faily, C. A., Crush, T., Talia, H. I., Shaly, D., Tania, C. A., Khale, F., Trafish, D., Pate, L., Halya, C., Kranel, D., Halle, D., Chane, D., Hansias, D., ... Glemer, J. (2013). Self and spouse rating of anger and hostility as predictors of coronary heart desease. Health Psychology, 12(3), 301-307. https://doi.org./10/1371/journal. pgnt/100w3
- magazine article
Arunika, Z., Rahman, A., & Mauree, T. (2019, Januari). Solusi terbaik mengatasi kecanduan internet pada remaja. Pilar Psychology Magazine, 29(5), 26-29.
- Online magazine article
Arunika, Z., Rahman, A., & Mauree, T. (2019, Januari). Solusi terbaik mengatasi kecanduan internet pada remaja. Pilar Psychology Magazine, 29(5), 26-29. https://www.pilarpsychology/monitor/
- Newspaper article without authors
Otonomi ditandai dengan Keberanian Daerah Mengambil Ketulusan. (2020, April 27). The Jakarta Post, hal 26 – 27.
- Unpublished thesis or dissertation
Sharla, Z. (2019). Keberfungisan keluarga: Ditinjau dari peran dan persepsi terhadap tanggung jawab [Unpublished thesis]. Universitas Andalas
- Authored book
Cone, J. D., & Foster, S. L. (2019) Dissertation and thesis from start to finish : Psychology and related fields. American Psychological Association.
C. Writing the Article
1. Authors need to comply with this guidance in preparing their manuscripts:
Top and bottom margins: 2 cm
Left and right margins: 2 cm
Font: Palatino Linotype
Font size: 11
Pages: minimum of 15, and a maximum of 26 pages (including abstracts and references)
Paper size: A4
2. Avoid using bullets, numbered lists, or alphabetical lists in articles. Instead write them up like this: 1) ..., 2) ... etc.
D. Manuscript Submission Procedure
Authors are welcome to submit their articles, either using the OJS submission process or emailing us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org